Saturday, November 17, 2012

Estoy Aqui!

SO after a long, long trip, I AM HERE. The plane ride was fine. It's the easiest part of traveling...sitting for 6 and a half hours! Then once you get off the plane, the real challenge starts. I found the bus that takes me to the train station just fine. At the train station, I bought a 7,80 euro ticket that was taking me to Avila. But I couldn't find the track. The lady neglected to mention I had to take two trains, one to El Escorial and one to Avila. So I was on the trains for about 2 hours, but I made it here!

Of course, when I arrived at Avila I had some trouble finding the residence hall. But eventually someone got me a key to my new room and now I'm settled in. Even though the website said I needed to bring sheets, the room has sheets. And it has its own bathroom. Definitely a pleasant surprise.




Lunch was at 2 local time. I arrived here around 12 local time, so I was awake for far too long without sleep. I took a quick nap then went and got lunch. The whole residencia eats together at long tables. I had the hardest time understanding some people, but they were still really nice and welcoming. It's basically a bunch of college aged students who are fluent in Spanish. Two girls even invited me to go see Twilight tonight. Not a huge fan of Twilight but I think I'm going to go so I can practice my Spanish and get out of this room. I'll hopefully be learning a lot of Spanish this semester!

Dinner is at 9. Gotta love how late Spain eats their meals!

Tomorrow I'm going to explore the city. My school is having an organized "run" that I am going to try to stop by. I also want to be able to see where I need to go starting Monday!

Avila is definitely a completely different place than Sevilla. For one, it's RAINING already! It's been raining all day. In Sevilla it rained one time in eight weeks.

I'll post more later. Thanks for reading!

Besossssss

No comments:

Post a Comment