Friday, November 16, 2012

Hoy es el día!

Today is the day!
This is an amazing opportunity Penn State offers as a Student Teaching experience. It is called Short Term Student Teaching Abroad. We are required to student teach for at least ten weeks in Pennsylvania (in order to get certified), then we have the opportunity to go take our talents abroad. Yesterday was my last day in Norristown School District with my 28 second graders. I will miss them so much and they'll always have a place in my heart as my first student teaching class. Now, however, I will be spending the next five weeks in Avila, Spain teaching Conversational English to Spanish students. I'm leaving for my flight to Madrid tonight! When I land, I will take a train from Madrid to Avila, which is about a one and a half hour ride west of Madrid. I will be there from "tomorrow" until December 22. I'm really interested to see this part of Spain. It looks much more ancient and quaint compared to Sevilla. I'm also anxious to see what I will do to teach kids who don't have the same native language as I do. I'm nervous I'll say something wrong, considering teaching requires a lot of speaking! Anyway, I'm going to try to keep this blog up and running while I'm there to update everyone. PLEASE keep in touch! Besos

No comments:

Post a Comment