Friday, November 30, 2012

He subido las murallas...por fin!

I went to the top of the walls..finally!





And let me say - it's awesome! It's so amazing to still be able to stand on something that began to be built in 1080. It's about 12 meters high and has a perimeter of 2,516 meters. There's so much history behind it...which is one of the reasons why I went up it today.

The oldest students in school had been working on skits to tell some of the history of the wall. It was a project that the students had to do for a literature class. Today, the rest of the classes in the school went to go watch the students perform their skits. They performed them on the top of the walls. The students had to write their lines and memorize them. They even got in costumes. I was very impressed. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I love the satisfaction that everyone gets when students have the ability to be creative and express themselves in different ways, rather than just exams. It's great.

Other than climbing to the top of the walls today, this has been a pretty busy week with school. I'm starting to pick up teaching more classes. This week I did a lot with the food guide pyramid and different food groups. I'm picking up lots of ideas to use in future classrooms.
4 de Primaria Food Pyramid Project

5 de primaria food group project

5 de primaria food group project
1 de Primaria Food Groups

1 de Primaria Healthy Salad


I'm relieved it's the weekend, though! Tomorrow I'm going to another basketball game in a different city. Last Saturday I saw Fuenlabrada vs. Bilbao in Fuenlabrada, and this week I'm seeing Fuenlabrada vs. Valladolid in Valladolid. Before we go to the game, we're going to see a few castles I think. Last week we did shopping before we went to see the game. I go with my mentor teacher and her friend, and I love that they love basketball like me. I couldn't have picked a better match!!!!

I have another required "journal entry" for my class that I'm planning on writing tomorrow, so I'll include more then. Now, I'm going to "tomar algo" which means go out for a drink and a tapa. :)

Un besito,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment